This can happen for one of two reasons:
- You have ExpressPay active and did not check the client out as "CASH", or whatever other method they paid
- The client's account was put into delinquent status
NOT CHECKING A CLIENT OUT AS CASH:
If you have ExpressPay active on your account, and a client is paying you in cash, you'll want to be sure to go to your schedule, locate their appointment, and check them out as "CASH" within 1 hour of their appointment end time, otherwise they will be charged through ExpressPay.
If this happened, you can submit a refund by following the instructions here.
A CLIENT IN DELINQUENT STATUS:
While a relatively rare occurrence, this can happen when a client's account goes into delinquent status, which happens when the following criteria is met:
1) A client books an appointment with you
2) When the appointment is finished and a charge attempt to the card is declined
3) You didn't check the client out as having paid "CASH" (or whatever method they paid with) on your schedule
4) A delinquency is placed on the account, which is attempted to be collected upon the next time the client tries to book an appointment and/or add a new card on file
The most common scenario here is a when professional on StyleSeat hasn't checked a client out as "CASH" on their schedule even though they paid cash, which allows ExpressPay to be triggered, hitting the client's card with a charge that is declined, leaving a delinquent appointment and status on the clients account.
All you'll need to do is locate this client's appointment on your calendar and issue a refund, and you'll be good to go.