Whether they’re loyal customers or new to your space, digital gift cards are a quick and easy way for someone to pay in advance for future services. We’re seeing a huge trend right now in client’s purchasing digital gift cards to support their loved professionals and set themselves up for beauty & grooming success.
Declines in foot traffic and mounting expenses weigh heavily on business owners and staff right now. We want you to know that our community is our number one priority and we want to make sure that you feel as supported as possible during this time. To start, we're enabling our gift cards feature on all StyleSeat accounts. Our hope is that making gift cards accessible to everyone will allow stylists to continue to strengthen the bond with their clients and bring in revenue. This is a great opportunity to boost income during this downtime. Allow your clients the freedom to pay upfront, and you both can have a little peace of mind.
After Your Clients Purchase A Digital Gift Card: Here’s What You’ll Get
- A notification sent via text/email.
- Instant cash available in your StyleSeat account.
You will need to be enrolled with payments to receive the gift card funds.
- A note inside your clients next upcoming appointment as a reminder a digital gift card is available for redemption
Redemption: How To
While we improve upon this exciting new feature, you will be responsible for managing and redeeming your clients digital gift cards. You will need to:
- Keep track of gift card balances
- Adjust the service total during checkout
- Select the appropriate payment method in the appointment (drop down: Gift Card)
- Track any remaining balance
Please note: the confirmation code is for your internal use only. A more robust management and tracking tool is coming very soon. Stay tuned for updates!
How To Turn Off This Feature:
We understand everyone runs their business differently and this feature might not be a good fit for you right now. We want to provide the best product possible for our community and we enjoy having you as part of it.
If you feel this feature isn’t right for your business at this time, you can turn it off by doing the following:
- Head to the MORE tab on your app or desktop and open Payments & No-Show Protection
- Click on Gift Cards and toggle off the Accept Digital Gift Cards and hit Save.
Times are tough but there is another side to this. StyleSeat is committed to supporting you as we work together toward that end. We know there’s more to worry about. Additional content, tools, and support will be provided in our blog.